The following section is dedicated to the Product itself, the base of your business and also the base of your integration with Upclick as a platform. Understanding correctly the role of the Product in the platform, as defined and supported by Upclick, will facilitate the understanding of the other elements of the integration.
Before you begin, you are probably wondering (and if not, you should be) what kind of products can Upclick process? How complex (or not) is defining and processing a product in the platform? Is the Product integration flexible enough so you can easily migrate and attach it back eventually to your own system? Is it in the same time flexible enough, so you can control and optimize its attributes?
This section will answer all of these questions. It's important to understand the usage of all product attributes (mandatory or optional) and their impact not only on the cart conversion and customer satisfaction, but on your own visibility and future optimization or advanced integration.
When you define a product on the Upclick e-commerce platform, you will take in consideration multiple aspects of your product:
- Product attributes - defining the elements of your product (name, description, logo, OS, etc) as well as the type of support for end-users ( email, URL); these attributes will appear on your carts and in the support and end-user facing interfaces;
- Product Pricing - configuring the product price by currency/markets as to be sold in checkouts;
- Product Delivery - configuring and control the end-users fulfillment ( package, URL, keys, etc);
- Pricing Models - optimizing and selling different price combinations for the same product;
- Alternative channels - create cross-sells and bundles for your carts or promote your cross-sells in the Upclick Network;
- Administration and Visibility - use your own Product SKU for reporting and advanced integration purposes; use Merchant Notes for administrative notes of your product; use Product Category to facilitate the maintenance of your product portfolio and get related reports;
In situations where your product porfolio is large, Upclick can help you with migrating in "bulk upload" all your products.