Under the ‘My Checkout Links’ section, click on ‘Checkout Links’. This is where you can generate a simple URL that you will use on your website to link to the checkout page. Checkout links combine all the work you put into the system when you defined Products, Bundles, Pricing, Pricing Models and Checkout Designs. They are all pieces that can be reused in different combinations and reported accordingly.
Click on the ‘Add Link’ button.
The link you create, will lead to a checkout page.
You will have to embed four elements to create a Checkout link:
- Pricing Model - Includes a main product and related cross-sells to be offered on the Checkout Page.
- Tracking Campaign - Generating the related tracking scripts you have provided along the checkout flow.
- Checkout Design - Defines the looks of the Checkout Page.
- Checkout Content - Includes the pattern for the other contents that will appear in the checkout page.
Figure 11: The four elements to define a Checkout Link
In other words, a Checkout link embeds a Checkout Page with tracking capabilities, as illustrated in the following figure:
Figure 12: Simple illustration of the Checkout Link entity
When you click on ‘Add Link’ you will see the following screen, that will help you define your Checkout link.
Figure 13: Defining a Checkout Link
Name your link for easy identification in the system. Select your pre-defined Pricing Model, Checkout Design, Checkout Content and Tracking Campaign and click on the ‘Save’ button in the bottom-right corner. You can modify any of these at any point and the best part is that the generated link will stay the same, which brings automatically few major advantages for you:
- integrate your checkout link in your website only once;
- ability to customize/optimize the component elements ( price, content, tracking) on the fly, directly in your merchant interface, without having to re-implementing the checkout link;
Next, Click on ‘Generate your checkout link’ to get the actual URL.
You can also get the generated URL at any time by navigating to ‘My Checkout Links’--->’Checkout Links’, from the list of all your available checkout links. Look for the name of the link you created. In the line that represents the link on the list, click on ‘Get Link’. You can easily find your link if you order the list by clicking on one of the column headers. Ordering is possible by Link Name, Pricing Model Name, Checkout Design, Tracking Campaign and date of creation.
Tip: You can also you the ‘Filter by Keywords’ tool on the top-right corner of the table.
For more advanced users, the checkout link can be posted ( HTTP POST or GET) dynamically from your landing page, depending on various selections you want to provide to end-user and submitting the related checkout link.
Upclick provides also an A/B Testing solution which allows you to test different checkout links. More details on the related section.